(Lincroft, NJ—June 23, 2017)
Legend Rare Coin Auctions is proud to present Regency Auction XXII on July 13, the official auction of the PCGS Members Only Show. Five “named” collections are included among the 515 high quality lots being offered. The sale begins with the type coins of the Glacier Rams Collection, a ranking basic type set on the PCGS Registry, followed by the 1994 Collection, a group of coins that was put away as an “alternative investment,” and features some amazing coins that have been off the market for 23 years. The final monster toned Morgan dollars from the Northern Lights Collection, followed by the A.W. Collection of Morgan dollars offer many opportunities for specialists in that series. Between, there are great collector coins, as well as ultra high grade condition rarities. Virtually something for everyone.
“From the day we started gathering consignments for this sale, we knew it was going to be special,” declared Laura Sperber. “The 1994 Collection was exclusively put together by our sister firm, Legend Numismatics, in 1994. Clearly the two gold coins, a $5 1888 PCGS PR66 DCAM CAC and the $20 1909 PCGS PR66 CAC are both important highlights in the sale, but it will also be remembered for the amazing matte proof Lincoln collection.” Ms. Sperber continued, “As we have shown in the previous four offerings of Northern Lights coins, we expect blistering bidding activity, especially for the final lot, the Grande Dame of Toners, the 1880-S PCGS MS68+ CAC Ex Sunnywood-Simpson—a coin that will likely shatter all sorts of records!”
“Collector type coins are very well represented in the sale,” explains Greg Cohen, Senior Numismatist for the firm. “The Glacier Rams Collection gets the sale off to a neat start with very eye appealing type coins that will fit any collector’s budget. This also applies to the Morgan dollars in the A.W. Collection, a complete set, with most of the coins very attractively toned—with coins in the $300-$7,000 range, every collector can have a shot to add one of these hand selected coins to their own collections.”
Further highlights include, but are certainly not limited to:
- Lot 6—1C 1832 Medium Letters. PCGS MS65+ BN CAC Ex Newman. From the Glacier Rams Collection
- Lot 33—1C 1856 Slanted 5. PCGS PR65 RD CAC From the 1994 Collection
- Lot 39—20C 1878 PCGS PR67 CAM From the 1994 Collection
- Lot 59—1C 1910 PCGS PR67+ RD CAC
- Lot 114—5C 1867 NO RAYS. PCGS PR66 DCAM CAC
- Lot 165—25C 1825/4/(2) PCGS MS65 CAC Ex D. Brent Pogue
- Lot 187—50C 1797 PCGS XF45 CAC
- Lot 202—50C 1885 PCGS PR65+ DCAM CAC
- Lot 279– $1 1880-S PCGS MS68+ CAC Ex Sunnywood-Simpson. From the Northern Lights Collection
- Lot 428– $1 1891-CC PCGS MS65 DMPL CAC
- Lot 441—50C 1838 J-73. NGC PR66 CAC Ex Newman
- Lot 476– $5 1798 Large 8, 13 Star Reverse. PCGS MS62 CAC
- Lot 490– $5 1929 PCGS MS64+ CAC
- Lot 501– $20 1878 PCGS MS64 CAC
The auction will be held on Thursday, July 13 in conjunction with the PCGS Member Only Show at the Venetian Hotel in Las Vegas. If you need to make plans to preview lots before the show, contact Legend at their office at 732-935-1168. Likewise, if you need to make a phone bid appointment or to arrange payment terms, be sure to do that in advance of the sale.
LRCA will follow the Regency Auction with the July Premier Session Internet Auction, closing on July 19. The firm is currently accepting consignments for all upcoming auctions, including their monthly Premier Sessions and remaining Regency Auctions in October (Philadelphia) and December (Las Vegas). Contact Julie Abrams or Greg Cohen today to discuss your holdings.