Representatives from the United States Mint, the Nevada State Museum, and the State of Nevada will participate in a celebration to mark the 150th anniversary of the production of the first coin at the Carson City Mint in 1870.
The event will include the ceremonial striking of a special sesquicentennial silver medallion on the historic Coin Press 1, which was used to produce coins bearing the “CC” mintmark. A buffet lunch reception and cake cutting will round out the program.
- David Ryder, Director, United States Mint
- Steve Sisolak, Governor
- Kate Marshall, Lt. Governor
- Mark Amodei, U.S. Congressman
- Zach Conine, State Treasurer
- Robert Crowell, Mayor, Carson City
Tuesday, February 4, 2020, 10:00 a.m. to 2 p.m. (PST)
Nevada State Museum (Carson City)
600 N. Carson Street
Carson City, NV 89701