Join the United States Mint (Mint) for the official launch of the American Innovation™ $1 Coin Program on Friday, Dec. 14, 2018, at 11:30 a.m. (EST). The event will take place at the Mint’s new Coin Store at 801 9th Street NW in Washington, D.C.
Event highlights include a ribbon-cutting ceremony signaling the beginning of the new coin program followed by an autograph signing by Mint Director David Ryder. Products containing the introductory 2018 American Innovation™ $1 Coin will be available for purchase following the ceremony.
Public Law 115-197 authorizes the Mint to strike and issue coins under the American Innovation $1 Coin Program in recognition of the significant innovation and pioneering efforts of individuals or groups from each of the 50 States, the District of Columbia, and the United States territories–Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and the Northern Mariana Islands. The Mint will issue these coins at a rate of four per year.
- David Ryder, Director, United States Mint
- Marc Landry, Acting Associate Director, Numismatic and Bullion
- Directorate, United States Mint
WHEN: Friday, Dec. 14, 2018, 11:30 a.m. (EST)
United States Mint Headquarters
801 9th Street NW
Washington, D.C. 20220
- Visit www.usmint.gov/learn/coin-and-medal-programs/american-innovation-dollar-coins to learn more about the American Innovation™ $1 Coin Program.
- Visit www.usmint.gov/about to learn more about the United States Mint.