Why are BEP products being sold on the U.S. Mint’s website?
The Bureau of Engraving and Printing (BEP) and United States Mint formed a strategic partnership to sell BEP products through the Mint’s e-commerce system. This collaboration offers collectors, gift-givers, and other customers a better experience and greater variety of numismatic currency products.
What’s the difference between the BEP and the Mint?
The Bureau of Engraving and Printing is the Nation’s sole producer of U.S. paper currency. The BEP advises other federal agencies on document security matters and also produces engraved documents such as military commissions and award certificates, and special security documents for a variety of government agencies. In addition, the BEP processes claims for the redemption of mutilated currency.
The United States Mint is the Nation’s sole manufacturer of legal tender, circulating coinage. The Mint also produces numismatic coins and coin-related products, including proof, uncirculated, and commemorative coins; medals; and silver and gold bullion coins.
I used to purchase products directly from BEP. What should I know now that I’m purchasing BEP products from the Mint?
- The purchase of BEP products from catalog.usmint.gov or 1-800-USA-MINT are subject to U.S. Mint Terms and Conditions.
- The Mint charges a nominal fee to cover shipment and the return policy window is within 7 days of receiving your product. See the Mint’s Shipping and Returns Policy for more information.
- Ordering and paying for purchases at the Mint:
- The Mint does not accept orders by mail or fax.
- The Mint does not accept payment by check. However, PayPal is accepted, which has the option to fund payments from a checking account.
- For more information about ordering and paying for products, see Mint FAQs on Order and Payment Processing.
- All registered customers who make three or more purchases within a calendar year qualify for the U.S. Mint’s Loyalty Program. For more information, see the Mint’s Loyalty Program Fact Sheet.
Why can’t I use my BEP customer account on the Mint’s website?
BEP customer accounts were not transferred to the U.S. Mint. Current BEP customers are encouraged to set up a new account on the Mint’s website. Although purchases can be made from the U.S. Mint without setting up an account, doing so will allow customers to take advantage of benefits like the Mint’s Loyalty Program, product notifications, easier order tracking, and paying with PayPal. Opening an account on the Mint website is easy and takes only a few minutes.
I am a BEP bulk customer. What do I do now?
BEP bulk sale customers should continue to place orders through BEP at 1-800-456-3408.
How can I become a BEP bulk customer?
Please contact BEP’s bulk program directly at 1-800-456-3408.
Following the transition, how can I return a product I purchased at a BEP retail location?
If you purchased a product at a BEP retail location, you can return it to that same location. The Mint does not accept or process returns for products purchased from BEP retail locations through its website or call center.
How can I access my past BEP order history?
If you need to access your order history from BEP for products you purchased through its website prior to September 17, 2018, please contact BEP directly at 1-800-456-3408 or by email at Moneyfactory.email@example.com.
I still have more questions, who can I call?
If you have additional questions regarding the transition or BEP product orders placed prior to September 17, 2018, please contact BEP’s Mail Order Sales Department by telephone at 1-800-456-3408 or by email at Moneyfactory.firstname.lastname@example.org.