Join officials from the United States Mint and the National Park Service for the official launch of the America the Beautiful Quarters® Program coin honoring Ozark National Scenic Riverways in Missouri on Monday, June 5, 2017, at 11 a.m. CT.
Ceremony highlights include musical entertainment by The Baker Family, an award winning bluegrass band from South Central Missouri. United States Mint Artistic Infusion Program artist Ron Sanders, designer of the Ozark National Scenic Riverways quarter, will also attend.
A coin exchange of $10 rolls of newly-minted Ozark National Scenic Riverways quarters after the ceremony.
- Cameron Sholly, Midwest Regional Director, National Park Service
- Michele Satchell, Senior Advisor, Office of the Director, United States Mint
- Paul Fitzwater, Missouri State Representative, for Governor Eric Greitens
- Larry Johnson, Superintendent, Ozark National Scenic Riverways
- David Stokely, District Director SW & South Central Missouri, Office of Senator Claire McCaskill
- Caroline Yielding, Field Representative, Southeast Missouri, Office of Senator Roy Blunt
- Tom Akers, former astronaut, National Aeronautics and Space Administration
Monday, June 5, 2017, 11 a.m. CT
Alley Spring and Mill
State Route 106
Eminence, MO 65466
The United States Mint will host a coin forum the evening before the launch ceremony-Sunday, June 4, 2017, 6-7 p.m. CT-at the Echo Bluff State Park, Nixon Room, 34489 Echo Bluff Drive, Eminence, MO 65466. The coin forum is an opportunity for the public to learn about upcoming United States Mint coin programs and initiatives, and express their views about future coinage.
The Ozark National Scenic Riverways quarter is the 38th release in the United States Mint America the Beautiful Quarters Program, a 12-year initiative that honors 56 national parks and other national sites authorized by Public Law 110-456. Each year, the public will see five new national sites depicted on the reverses (tails sides) of the America the Beautiful Quarters. The United States Mint is issuing these quarters in the order in which the national sites were officially established.
Additional Contact Information
United States Mint:
Ozark National Scenic Riverways: