WASHINGTON – The United States Mint (Mint) launched its newest educational game Map Mania. This game teaches U.S. geography, helping students to learn the 50 states, state capitals, and state trivia based on the America the Beautiful Quarters® and 50 State Quarters Programs.
Map Mania is one of 12 free online educational games on the Mint’s Kids Site, which was recently named a finalist for the Best Public Education Website in the International Association of Currency Affairs (IACA) Excellence in Currency 2019 Coin Awards.
- Gold Rush: Pan for gold while learning historical facts about the Gold Rush in San Francisco.
- Plinky’s Presidential Challenge: Learn the order of the U.S. presidents.
- Textile Tales: Explore the textile industry during the Industrial Revolution.
- Hoop and Darts: Throw darts at a hoop in this traditional Native American game.
- Peter the Eagle’s Coin Drop: Deliver liberty loans by flying a WWI-era plane.
- Coin Memory Match: Match the designs of quarters featuring U.S. national parks.
- Making Change: Design your own coin while learning about the parts of a coin.
- Word Quest: Search for coin-related terms in eight different online word puzzles.
- Space Supply: Deliver critical supplies to space colonies across the solar system.
- Coin Flip: Unlock new and classic coins while learning about probability and percentages.
- Counting with Coins: Identify coins and solve basic math problems in a grocery store setting.
The Mint’s Kids Site also features a digital library of U.S. coins and coin programs, educational videos, 100+ free printable coin coloring pages, and hundreds of free online K-12 lesson plans. To request free educational resources, email email@example.com.